The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What's a bad day?

To answer a couple of questions:
1.) I play 2-4 tables a day. I'd rather play 2 unless I'm in the groove real good.
2.) I'd like to make 1.5 BB per hour. I'm at that right now for 2 tables but I think I'm just running good. I'd say 1 BB/hour or 1BB/100 hands would be fine

So a fuckin' bad day is losing 3k yesterday with no more than $500 in mistakes and losing $3k today. So here's a few things that show you're running bad:

1.) Losing AA vs. AKs two times in a day
2.) Losing AA vs. A8 in a critical moment in a tournament where there's 54 players left out of 240.
3.) Doing nothing but stealing the blinds 4x in a day with AA and KK.

Considering all that I guess it's not that bad. I'll be back tomorrow!