The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Nothing against gays

I got nothing against gays as I know a couple and they're ok in my book. Long as they don't hit on me and know that I got a girl it's cool homie. :)

So today I'm in a tournnament, there's about 27 players left out of 229 with a $100 buyin so I'm feeling pretty good about it. Wish me luck (it's not over yet and it'd be nice to get the $6,000 first place.)

I send in a raise of 999 chips and a guy talks shit to me and says I'm cursed for such a flagrant raise. I mean come on can't a guy have a little fun in our profession?

Anyhow so then a guy who's not even in the tournament says, "That raise was the gayest thing since gay town." First off is that funny to anybody? I think it's like the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So I reply and say, "Almost as gay as watching an online poker tournament."

=)