The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

What a move

These weirdos on Party Poker continue to try funny things w/ obviously bullshit hands in the $30-60 game. Listen to this hand and see if you can guess what the guy was doing.

Preflop: I raise Mid position with KK, immediate left reraises and everyone else folds. I 3 bet and my immediate left caps.

Flop is small and we cap again.

Turn is an A, I bet and she raises. In my mind the A is irrelevant, would she really cap the flop with AK high? Not this chick, she's not that weird. :) At any rate either she's got KK, AA or QQ and I'm going to pay off.

River is a K and here's where I make my mistake. I check raise the river and she folds.

What the hell was I thinking. Either she had me beat or she didn't. If she had AA she's going to reraise and I lose another $60 for a total of $120 mistake. If she had QQ she folds and it's so unlikely she has anything else then Mars would be the size of the moon seen from earth. (Oh wait that's happening but anyway).

What do you guys think?