The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Absolutely Beautiful

If my poker prowess ever excels to the level that Robert Horry (aka Big Shot Bob) plays basketball I will be a happy man. His game tonight was absolutely amazing.

Now don't get me wrong, I want to be the Michael Jordan of poker. But if that doesn't ever happen I hope I can excel under pressure, that's the most beautiful part of any game. Stepping it up under extreme pressure.

Horry does all the little things to win. Dives for that loose ball, rebounds hard, scrambles, sits the bench with no complaints and it works.

It's the same in poker. Understanding the basic math principles, studying your opponents, reading books to understand other opinions, and putting in the dirty work to become successful.