The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

When you run bad

Hi guys,

thanks for the comments. I really appreciate the feedback, it would be great to get a few more links to my site.

Anyhow, so here's a few answers. I didn't 3 bet the preflop when I had kings because I wanted to mix it up a little bit. Do I think it's wise to slowplay big hands short handed most of the time? Absolutely not, but mixing things up a little is good.

The guy in seat 5 won that hand with Ace, queen just like I put him on. I've actually been getting a lot of these funny beats lately but hey that's ok.

I read the other day about a player considering quitting playing poker altogether. What does that tell me? Well that tells me he's probably been taking a lot of bad beats or he's not that good. In reality I think the players out there (especially online) are so bad right now that I'm pretty sure (based on this guy's blog writings) that he's just running bad. I've been running a little bad myself lately and every time I do I just sit back, take a day or two off and evaluate my game. I spend one day not thinking about poker at all, I go party and drink or whatever. In reality if I didn't need to play to survive I'd probably take a week off. So that's my advice and thoughts when you run bad.