The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Runnin' bad

I've been running pretty bad lately (down $2,000) in the last 2 sessions. One session was a brutal $30-60 game where I just seemed to get outdrawn. The rest was lost in the 6 handed $10-20.

It's times like this that I take a break, hit the gym hard and come back clean. The toughest part of the game for me is the discipline to know I'm doing the right thing.

What do you guy's think of the sit and go tournaments on partypoker? I played in a couple yesterday ($100 and $200 placing 3rd and 4th, respectively). It's a lot of time investment but it seems like decent practice for the final table at tournaments.