The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The right read

So I may have broken my ankle playing basketball last week. I can't put any pressure on it. All this week I couldn't go to the gym, I couldn't walk to get a cup of coffee, I couldn't go out to the bars. It may be a surprise to most of you that this injury is really making me mad! It's making my life boring, annoying and cumbersome. Add this to the fact that I'm really running unlucky in poker and you guessed it...my life is kind of in a mess right now both socially and work wise.

How do I feel about this?

I think it's like when you have a pair of queens and there's a king on the board in a heads up game and my opponent looks weak when he bets into me.

I can cut my losses short, give up and just be depressed. Mope around the house and watch TV. (ie. I can just fold the pot as it's not really that big yet).

Or, when my opponent bets into me I can raise, give it my all with an attempt to make him fold. Instead I can get off my ass do whatever I can to make my ankle and life better. Evaluate the situation and once I make up my mind really go for it.

I think I'll do the latter. Hopefully I made the right read.