The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Friday, April 15, 2005

Easy money

My friend from Google asked if I wanted a job there yesterday and I proudly turned it down. My poker prowess calls and my long term goals are not within the walls of the corporate world.

So I'm back to making money the way I'm supposed to. I made my return to my bread and butter game...the 6 handed $10-20. Quickly beat the game up, some of these guys play so bad. Here's a prime example, one player limps in, I'm one away from the button and send in a raise with King/Queen. Flop is queen high and both check to me and i bet. The turn is another queen and this time the limp in guy bets. I know I've got the best hand and I smooth call to get the blind player to call. He does, and I raise the river and the player calls me down with....a pair of 8s. A pair of eights. How bad can you play?

Sometimes I almost want to type, "Why don't you pigeons just give me a couple hundred each, I'll leave and it'll save us all some time."

Think that'd be ok to say? :)