The Poker Game of Life

Poker and scotch on the rocks. Below are my reflections on life and poker. My journey from $4-8 as a past time to $30-60 for serious money and my life experiences in between.

Name:
Location: seattle, Washington, United States

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Poker Details

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I believe i'm linked up to all the new readers that linked to me but if i missed someone please let me know. I'd like to put a few thoughts into ink on a few questions I've been getting.

Slowplaying Pocket Aces under the gun:
People have asked me for a few thoughts on why I limped in here rather than raise. I love the inquiry and in fact I agree with you for the most part. In general I think you should raise with Aces up front to narrow down the field and in fact in a loose game where people are calling raises anyway you should definitely raise putting in more money and getting fewer players against you. However in a tigher game a raise here might just steal the blinds which is what i definitely didn't want to do. So I hoped for some action thru the slowplay, got some and got bitten by it.

Players not getting that much better in higher limit:
Completely agree with the comment here as well. More aggression with weaker hands. The particular game I was in was tigher and tougher than normal though.